The procurement processes in DCP are undertaken in accordance with the State Procurement Board policies and guidelines.
The State Procurement Board has different processes and policy requirements for procurement based on value:
South Australian Not-for-Profit Funding Rules and Guidelines
The state government has introduced the South Australian Not-for-Profit Funding Rules and Guidelines (SANFRAG) along with new funded services agreement templates.
Compliance is mandatory for all government agencies.
More information about the policy is available in the Department for Premier and Cabinet Circular 044.
The new funded service agreement templates are available on the State Procurement Board's website.
The Standard Not-for-Profit Funded Services Agreement Template is suitable for all low to medium risk, non-complex government procurement of services from the NFP sector, where up-front block funding is provided to NFP organisations.
Where payment is based on a fee for service and is paid in arrears, the Standard Goods and Services Agreement template can be used, as appropriate.
Refer to the State Procurement Board's User Guide for additional details.
The standardised agreement templates developed in consultation with the Not-for-Profit (NFP) sector will be introduced as part of DCP's 2019/2020 Procurement Program. All existing contracts are to be transitioned to the Standard Not-for-Profit (NFP) Funded Service Agreement or Standard Goods and Services Agreement.
To assist service providers understand the use of the standard agreement templates in a DCP setting, example contracts have been included below for download.
- Example Specialised family based care NFP Funded Service Agreement (PDF 1.2MB)
- Example Specialised family based care Goods and Services Agreement (PDF 1.8MB)
- Example General family based care NFP Funded Service Agreement (PDF 1.3MB)
- Example General family based Goods and Services Agreement (PDF 1.2MB)
- Example Residential care NFP Funded Service Agreement (PDF 1.3MB)
- Example Residential care Goods and Services Agreement (PDF 1.2MB)
- Example Supported independent living NFP Funded Service Agreement (PDF 1.2MB)
- Example Supported independent living Goods and Services Agreement (PDF 1.8MB)
The example agreements are to serve as a comparative guide only, and may not be reflective of the type of agreement available to the service type examples shown.
Tier 1 Key Performance Indicators as described in the draft Performance Measurement Specification (presented as part of Sector Briefing 2) have also been included in the example agreements to illustrate how these would apply to specific service and agreement types.
Contract Management Reform
Email: DCPServiceProviders [at] sa.gov.au