DCP Regional Offices
The Department for Child Protection has offices across all of South Australia, from as far west as Ceduna, as far North as Cooper Pedy and East to Berri.
Our Offices are generally located within the town centre and employees work closely with the community to achieve our vision to work in partnership with vulnerable families, other government and non-government organisations, foster carers and the community to keep children safe and give them the same opportunities as other young South Australians.
Continue your Career in a Regional location with us with access to:
- career pathways that suit your interests and skills
- a range of development opportunities to assist you to reach your career goals
- work in conjunction with public and non-public sector organisations to achieve great outcomes for your community
- free access to a confidential employee assistance program for you and your family, which includes counselling services
- access to flexible working arrangements
- access to structured professional development and study assistance programs.
Additional support when considering a role in one of our regional locations
We appreciate that it may be challenging for you to make a career decision which many affect you and possibly others, particularly if it involves moving to a regional location or flying in and out of a regional location.
Before making a decision to relocate, it is important that you have all the information you require, including the position that may be on offer as well as all other lifestyle matters.
For candidates who are serious about a role and have been assessed as meeting the minimum requirements, opportunities may exist for:
- An opportunity for you and your spouse/a family member to visit the worksite and regional location
- An opportunity to negotiate flexible working arrangements to enable you to return to the metropolitan area on a regular basis, (this can be discussed and agreed prior to any formal offer or acceptance)
- Access to one of your potential co-workers for you to contact and ask questions about the role and living in the region
- Opportunities to apply for subsidised Housing for eligible candidates who relocate
- Relocation assistance
- Return trips home / additional family support negotiable.
Our regional roles are advertised regularly on the IWORKFORSA SA Government Job Board and the DCP Careers Board. You can set up job alerts on both sites to be notified directly of any opportunities. Each regional job advert will generally advise of what incentives apply to that regional location.
In addition, please feel free to contact any of our Managers in our Regional Locations to discuss opportunities and options. A full list of our Regional Offices is available on the department's offices page.
Benefits for working with us in a Regional location
Depending on the location, employees living and working in regional locations may have access to additional benefits. Visit the benefits page to find out about the benefits and the additional benefits and incentives for regional areas.