The Department for Child Protection plays a key role in the protection and support of children and youth throughout both the metropolitan and regional areas of South Australia.
We are looking for energetic and innovative people who are passionate about improving the safety and wellbeing of children and young people across our regions, including appreciating the complexities and challenges of being located in a regional or remote area of South Australia.
Your role will contribute to ensuring that we protect children and keep them safe, including:
- protecting children from abuse and harm
- providing alternative care for children and young people when home is no longer an option
- managing the adoption process
- caring for refugee children at risk
We also have a strong commitment to reconciliation and providing culturally appropriate services and encourage persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
If you want to achieve…
- A great work life balance
- The satisfaction gained through helping clients who really need it
- Excellent working hours and entitlements
- A variety of locations: from Adelaide - the "fifth-most livable city in the world," to country and seaside towns and large, regional centres
- Job security
- Ongoing mentoring, encouragement, and opportunity for further study
- A dedicated clinical career path
- Exceptionally high ethical standards
Then DCP can facilitate this for you….
All current positions are available on our jobs database.
People of Aboriginal descent are encouraged to apply.