If you need advice about what to do after an emergency or disaster, or information about the help available after an emergency or disaster, visit the Disaster recovery page on sa.gov.au.
The following resources may be helpful for carers and children in care following a natural disaster:
- Supporting a young person after a natural disaster (headspace)
- Community trauma toolkit (Emerging Minds)
- Birdie's Tree - natural disaster resources for young children (Queensland Government)
- Recovering from bushfires (Australian Psychological Society)
- Bushfire response resource pack (Beyond Blue)
- Coping with loss and change in a community after a bushfire (Lifeline)
- Bushfire resources for people with intellectual disability and/or autism (Wesley Mission)
For further assistance, carers are encouraged to speak directly with their caseworkers at DCP or foster care agency if a natural disaster affects their family or the child in their care.