The Interagency Code of Practice: Investigation of suspected child abuse and neglect (ICP) (PDF, 993.9 KB) describes how agencies and organisations investigate suspicions of child abuse and neglect.
The ICP provides the key actions practitioners need to take when they are involved in an investigative response to suspected child abuse or neglect.
The ICP applies to all circumstances of child abuse and neglect, both intra-familial and extra-familial and committed by either adults or children.
This edition was developed by a committee representing the following agencies:
- Department for Child Protection (formerly Families SA)
- Department for Education
- Attorney-General's Department
- Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
- South Australia Police
- SA Health
- Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
- Commissioner for Victim's Rights
- Guardian for Children and Young People
- Child Protection Services - Adelaide Women's and Children's Hospital
- Child Protection Services - Flinders Medical Centre.