The department is committed to listening and responding to your concerns.

How to make a complaint

Take the following steps to get your complaint resolved:

Step 1

Discuss your complaint with your caseworker at your local DCP office. Our aim is to resolve issues at the local level - usually a conversation with your caseworker can help clarify your concerns.

Step 2

If you have tried to resolve your concerns but are still dissatisfied with the outcome, you can speak with the Supervisor or Office Manager at your local DCP office.

Step 3

If your complaint cannot be resolved, you can then contact the Complaints and Feedback Management Unit who will take further steps to resolve the matter with you. You can:

  • complete our online complaints form
    - Choose Child protection for what your complaint or feedback is about.
    - If you have any issues or feedback about the online form, please contact the Communications unit.
  • phone the Complaints and Feedback Management Unit on 1800 003 305
  • print and complete the complaints form and send it to:

    Complaints and Feedback Management Unit
    Department for Child Protection
    GPO Box 1072
    Adelaide SA 5001

Complaints about contact arrangements

If you don't agree with your contact arrangements (PDF, 234.9 KB), you have a few options:

  • Speak with your caseworker first - they will try and resolve your concerns with you.
  • Raise your concerns with the DCP Office Manager.

If you are still unhappy with the arrangements, you have the right to apply to the Contact Arrangements Review Panel.

The panel provides an opportunity for contact arrangements to be reviewed.

If you are seeking a review by the panel, contact 1800 003 305.

Disclosing public interest information

The new Public Interest Disclosure Act 2018 (PID Act) commences on July 1, 2019, replacing the Whistleblowers Protection Act 1993 (WP Act).

The public interest disclosure procedure (PDF, 908.6 KB) sets out the process for:

  • any person who wants to make an appropriate disclosure of public interest information concerning a DCP employee or DCP
  • any employee of DCP in dealing with any such appropriate disclosure.

To make a disclosure, email

What to do if you are not satisfied with our response

If you are unhappy with the outcome after following the process above, you have the right to refer matters to the Ombudsman.

Ombudsman SA

Phone: 1800 182 150

Office of the Guardian for Children and Young People

If you are a child or young person under the guardianship of the Chief Executive, you can also contact the Guardian's office.

Phone: 8226 8570 or 1800 275 664


Complaints and Feedback Management Unit

Department for Child Protection
GPO Box 1072
Adelaide SA 5001

Telephone: 1800 003 305