As a carer, we want to help you understand the entitlements and services available to the children and young people in your care.
Investing in their future outlines the priority services and programs available for children and young people in care. These include:
- earlier preschool enrolment from 3 years, with the option to continue until 6 years
- priority access to dental services and treatment
- free reading packs from the Little Big Book Club (0-6 years)
- free VACSWIM water safety and survival programs
- carer support for infants
- prioritised school enrolments
- waiver of student course fees
- school card, offering financial assistance with educational expenses such as uniforms, camps and excursions
- extended carer payments to 21 years
- Transition to Independent Living Allowance.
To help you navigate these services, a quick guide summary can now be accessed from the resources section of the carer platform. Talk to your child’s case worker for more information and for help accessing services.
About ‘Investing in their future’
‘Investing in their future’ is part of the government’s broader child protection strategy, Safe and well: supporting families, protecting children.