The Social Worker / Case Manager is accountable to the Supervisor for providing high quality and effective case management to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines.
The Department for Child Protection operates pool vacancies for the position of AHP1 Social Workers.
See the recruitment pool fact sheet (PDF, 284.2 KB) for additional information.
What will you be doing?
You'll have the opportunity to:
- undertake child protection investigations and assessments
- assess the needs of children and families, and plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes
- assist families who are unable to effectively and safely care for their children to work towards a safe return to their care
- work with children who have entered into the care of the Minister so that their development, stability and security is assured.
Salary and location
Social workers are employed as Allied Health Professionals (AHP) under the South Australian Public Sector Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2021, and have access to a competitive salary and flexible working arrangements.
Social work roles are typically remunerated at AHP1, AHP2 or AHP3 plus employer superannuation (currently 10%).
Case Managers are employed as Professional Officers (PO) under the South Australian Public Sector Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2021, and have access to competitive salary and flexible working arrangements.
Professional Officer roles are typically remunerated at PO1, PO2 or PO3 plus employer superannuation (currently 10%).
The South Australian Public Sector also offers attractive salary sacrifice benefits.
These roles are typically offered as ongoing (permanent) and term (temporary) roles.
Positions are available in various locations around metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia; a range of allowances may be available for regionally based workers.
All applicants must:
- obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check issued by the Department for Human Services, to be renewed every 5 years
- hold a current South Australian issued driver's licence (P2 or above) and a willingness to drive is essential
- be able to undertake physical aspects of child management including lifting and carrying babies or small children
- be flexible as some out of house and weekend work and some intra/interstate travel including overnight stays may be required
- be eligible to work in Australia and meet DCP pre-employment requirements.
Allied Health Professionals (AHP)
A degree level qualification in Social Work, which gives eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Professional Officers (PO)
Appropriate tertiary qualifications in community services, sociology, criminology, justice, correctional practice, social sciences, human services, health or related field.
How to apply
All of our current vacancies are listed on our job board alongside specific details for each role including:
- job descriptions
- accreditation and qualifications
- special requirements.
Department for Child Protection Recruitment
Phone: (08) 8204 2479 or (08) 8204 2473