Working with the Department for Child Protection can be both personally and professionally rewarding. All of our staff contribute to achieving our common goals, which make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families in our South Australian communities.
Working with the Department offers you career progression and variety – particularly in regional areas; as well as great employment conditions.
Some of these include:
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Up to 15 days special leave per annum
- Long service leave following 10 years’ service (pro-rata eligibility after 7 years)
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Minimum 9.5% superannuation, full employer contribution and salary sacrifice arrangements available
- Free access to a confidential employee assistance program for you and your family, which includes psychology and counselling services
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance
Depending on the location, employees living and working in regional locations may have access to:
- Travel allowances
- Government housing or subsidised housing
- Relocation costs
- Government Housing or subsidised housing
- Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) options may also be available for employees working in a remote location
- Study leave and study assistance may be available
Region-specific benefits are listed on the relevant region page.