This page was last updated 9 November 2022.
Significant incidents are defined as those events that cause or are likely to cause significant negative impact on the health, safety or wellbeing of clients, staff or others involved in the event such as:
- child death or serious injury (including expected death)
- a missing child (extreme risk)
- abuse and/or neglect in out of home care
- allegations of serious criminal offences
- serious threats to the safety of a site or person
- staff death or serious injury.
Refer to the Significant Incident Management - Requirements for service providers guideline (PDF, 246.2 KB) for an outline of responsibilities to manage and respond to such incidents.