The Department for Child Protection (DCP) is committed to working with our service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people in care.
Our events are designed to support service providers to understand and be kept informed of key changes and impacts associated with implementation of DCP Procurement Program and Reform activities.
We welcome feedback and questions via email DCPServiceProviders@sa.gov.au.
Opportunities to share information and collaborate in the design of services and practices.
DCP Licensing Reform – Consultation
The Department for Child Protection (DCP) commenced a review of the current licensing processes in 2020. Following the review, the Senior Executive Group approved and agreed to recommendations that would seek to improve the licensing process for service providers to apply for and renew licences and support the delivery of better and safer outcomes for children and young people in care.
Specifically, the proposed DCP Licensing Quality and Compliance Framework (the Framework) will:
- Provide suitably aligned rigour and quality in order to safeguard children and young people in care;
- Provide transparent and consistent information on DCP licensing processes;
- Align to the requirements within the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017; and
- Remove duplication and lack of clarify surrounding existing DCP licencing and compliance requirements.
Service providers are invited to provide feedback on the proposed approach, Framework and associated documentation.
Please send all feedback to Mari Bornick-Sorhaug (Senior Project Officer, Quality and Practice) via firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 1st of November at 12 pm.
In addition, the proposed Framework will result in a contractual change to the Quality standards service provision requirement, by removing the ISO 9001:2015 - International Organisation for Standardisation. Service providers affected by this change will have two years to become accredited under an alternative quality standard.
To support licensing reform, DCP is considering options for development of an online licensing portal, which will allow licence holders to electronically submit applications, upload evidence, and view conditions. DCP would like to hear ideas from existing license holders regarding key features that would make online licensing processes easier. Please send through any ideas or suggestions as part of your feedback or contact DCPServiceProviders@sa.gov.au for more information.
- DCP Licensing Services Agency level assessment Tool (PDF 762KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Change to licence cancellation application Form (PDF 701KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Facility level safety check Tool (PDF 762KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Facility or agency licence application Form (PDF 740KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Fit and proper assessment application Form (PDF 821KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Licensing and compliance Panel (PDF 767KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Licensing evidence Resource (PDF 1.2MB)
- DCP Licensing Services Licensing quality and compliance Framework (PDF 1.2MB)
- DCP Licensing Services Organisational level assessment application Form (PDF 888KB)
- DCP Licensing Services Organisational level assessment Tool (PDF 16KB)