The Social Worker is a role within the Department for Child Protection and is accountable to the Supervisor for providing high quality and effective case management to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines.
The Department for Child Protection operates pool vacancies for the position of AHP1 Social Workers.
See the recruitment pool fact sheet (PDF 287KB) for additional information.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- undertake child protection investigations and assessments
- assess the needs of children and families, and plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes
- assist families who are unable to effectively and safely care for their children to work towards a safe return to their care
- work with children who have entered into the care of the Minister so that their development, stability and security is assured.
Social workers are categorised as Allied Health Professionals (AHP) and receive a competitive salary and flexible working arrangement in line with the South Australian Public Sector Wages Parity Enterprise Agreement (refer to schedule 1.2 for more details).
Social work roles are typically remunerated at AHP1, AHP2 or AHP3 plus superannuation (currently 9.5%).
These roles are typically offered as ongoing (permanent) and term (temporary) roles.
Positions will be available in various locations around metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia; a range of allowances may be available for regionally based workers.
All applicants must:
- hold a current South Australian issued driver's licence (P2 or above) and be willingness to drive is essential
- be able to undertake physical aspects of child management including lifting and carrying babies or small children
- be available to attend a 2 week full-time paid training at the start of employment
- be flexible as some out of house and weekend work and some intra/interstate travel including overnight stays may be required
- be eligible to work in Australia and meet DCP pre-employment requirements.
A degree level qualification in Social Work, which gives eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
How to apply
All of our current vacancies are listed on our job board alongside specific details for each role including:
- job descriptions
- accreditation and qualifications
- special requirements.
Department for Child Protection Recruitment
Telephone: (08) 8204 2496 or (08) 8204 2485
Email: DCPRecruitment [at] sa.gov.au