Conduct a review of the long-term viability of C3MS, and monitor research and developments in the area of electronic information management systems with a view to determining whether C3MS should be replaced with a more suitable and effective electronic information system.
The South Australian Government accepted this recommendation on 12 August 2016.
An external review of the long-term viability of C3MS will begin in 2017.
The review will involve:
- assessing the current effectiveness of data management
- identifying possible improvements
- rigorous research of data systems in other jurisdictions.
The review will determine whether C3MS has the capability to meet future child protection system needs and identify options for alternative systems if required. Consultation with users of C3MS will be undertaken.
The outcomes of this review may influence whether recommendations 15 to 19 are fully accepted and implemented.
An external review of the case management system is being undertaken between April and June 2018. The following goals were established for the review of C3MS:
- understand how C3MS supports and limits staff in doing their work
- explore research and real world examples of child protection information systems
- identify what an ideal child protection information system would be capable of
- identify if C3MS is appropriate for our long term needs, or if we should consider options for replacement.
Accepted - Phase 1