There are multiple ways you can send the Department for Child Protection (DCP) your feedback.
Complete the online feedback form
You can complete our online feedback form.
If you need help completing the form, ask a staff member at any DCP office.
Contact us via phone
Contact your local DCP office duty worker.
Visit one of our offices
If you’d like to give us feedback directly, you can visit one of our DCP offices.
We strive to address every piece of feedback we receive. Depending on the type of feedback, we’ll handle it in a different way.
When we receive your compliment, we will:
- inform the person or business area you’re pleased with
- share this across the department to encourage best practice in delivering our services.
Comment and suggestions
When we receive your comment or suggestion, we will:
- ensure the right person investigates your comment or suggestion to improve our services
- notify you of any resulting action or decision.
We aim to get back to you within 2 working days.
When we receive your complaint, we will:
- acknowledge it within 2 working days
- aim to resolve it within 30 working days
- keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, if it’s complex and takes more than 30 working days to resolve
- wherever possible, agree to a suitable solution.
If you are unhappy with the outcome after following the process above you can speak with our Central Complaints unit by calling 1800 003 305 or sending an email to email@example.com.
The Central Complaints duty worker will discuss your concerns and explain your rights and options.
If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to refer matters to the:
- Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner (HCSCC)
- Ombudsman SA
- Office of the Guardian for Children and Young People.
HCSCC enquiry service
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Phone: 8226 8666 or country callers 1800 232 007
PO Box 199
Rundle Mall Adelaide 5000