The South Australian government tabled its initial response to the children in state care commission of inquiry report in parliament on 17 June 2008. The government has subsequently tabled an implementation report and 5 annual progress reports in parliament.
- Fifth annual progress report (November 2013) (PDF 787KB)
- Fourth annual progress report (November 2012) (PDF 469KB)
- Third annual progress report (November 2011) (PDF 472KB)
- Second annual progress report (November 2010) (PDF 428KB)
- First annual progress report (November 2009) (PDF 399KB)
- SA government response (June 2008) (PDF 161KB)
- Implementation statement (September 2008) (PDF 229KB)
This report deals with allegations of abuse of children while in state care and contains graphic details which may be distressing.
- Introduction (PDF 490KB)
- Chapter 1 – approach and conduct of the Inquiry (PDF 190KB)
- Chapter 2 – statistics (PDF 48KB)
- Chapter 3 – allegations of sexual abuse: introduction (PDF 41KB)
- Chapter 3.1 – institutional care (PDF 484KB)
- Chapter 3.2 – smaller group care (PDF 244KB)
- Chapter 3.3 – residential care units (PDF 125KB)
- Chapter 3.4 – foster care (PDF 288KB)
- Chapter 3.5 – family home (PDF 122KB)
- Chapter 3.6 – secure care (PDF 209KB)
- Chapter 4 – state response (PDF 659KB)
- Chapter 5 – deaths of children in state care (PDF 492KB)
- Chapter 6 – keeping adequate records (PDF 145KB)
Audio alternatives to the summary and list of recommendations from the report are available from the department's decdchildsafe [at] sa.gov.au (Strategic Care and Policy Protection unit).
- Interim report (12 May 2005) (PDF 630KB)
- 2nd interim report – as to a particular matter (28 October 2005) (PDF 317KB)
- CISC list of issues upon which the commissioner seeks submissions (15 February 2007) (PDF 165KB)
Anyone needing counselling can phone Relationships Australia post-care services on 1800 188 118.