On this page
There are a number of resources available related to the rollout of the new Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017.
A new online training module outlining the principles of the new Act is available for our key partners.
To sign up for the training, users will need to create a profile and fill out the following fields:
- first and last name
- role (select non-government staff)
These training videos are provided for educational and information purposes only. They provide an overview of key changes in the new legislation and are not intended to comprehensively cover the subject nor do they constitute legal advice.
You should seek legal or professional advice before acting or relying on any matter particular to you or your organisation.
An overview of the Act
More video resources
Child focus and engagement
Proactive intervention attachment and timely decision making
Departmental functions and court processes
Out of Home Care
Review (internal and external review)
Advice for carers
- Views of the young person (PDF 309KB)
- Right of other interested person to be heard (PDF 325KB)
- Collaboration with carers in decision-making (PDF 363KB)
Also see Legislative changes - information for carers for more guidance.
Advice for children and young people
- Views of the young person (PDF 305KB)
- Voluntary Custody Agreements (PDF 228KB)
- Frequently asked questions for children and young people (PDF 398KB)
Legislation Implementation Team
Email: DCP.Legislation [at] sa.gov.au