The last key partners forum was held Wednesday 8 August 2018 and focused on how the new Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 will impact Aboriginal children, families and communities.
You can download the presentations below:
- The new legislation and what it means for Aboriginal people (PDF 267KB)
- Looking at the details part 1 (PDF 261KB)
- Looking at the details part 2 (PDF 171KB)
Previous key partners forums
Wednesday 6 December 2017
The last key partners forum, held Wednesday 6 December 2017 included updates about the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017, its impact on children, families and service providers and implementation and progress in piloting the Child Safety Pathway and Multi Agency Assessment Unit.
The forum included presentations from:
- Matt Mooney - Child Safety Pathways
- Claire Simmons - Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017
- Questions to the panel:
- Brad McLeod, Director Legal Services
- Matt Mooney
- Claire Simmons
You can download their presentations (PDF 669KB)
Thursday 18 May 2017
The last key partners forum was held on Thursday, 18 May 2017.
The forum included a question and answer session with an expert panel of:
- Cathy Taylor - Chief Executive of the Department for Child Protection
- Paul Nixon - Chief Social Worker, Child, Youth and Family New Zealand
- Rob Martin - Executive Director, Child and Family Welfare Association of South Australia
- Craig Rigney - Chief Executive Officer, Kornar Winmil Yunti
Watch Paul Nixon's presentation
Watch the Q&A session
You can also read the responses to the questions asked (PDF 256KB) at the session.
A series of focus groups were held in regional and metropolitan areas to shape key system reform priorities including:
- Out of home care
- Child and Family Assessment and Referral Network (CFARNS) locations
- Child Safety Pathway
See our infographic (PDF 135KB) for a snapshot of the first round of consultation.
The following reports collate the feedback received at our earlier focus groups.
- Mount Gambier - 27 February 2017 (PDF 132KB)
- Adelaide (morning session) - 1 March 2017 (PDF 124KB)
- Adelaide (afternoon session) - 1 March 2017 (PDF 124KB)
- Northern Adelaide - 2 March 2017 (PDF 147KB)
- Port Augusta - 2 March 2017 (PDF 150KB)
- Mount Barker - 7 March 2017 (PDF 140KB)
- Murray Bridge - 8 March 2017 (PDF 141KB)
- Southern Adelaide - 9 March 2017 (PDF 149KB)
- Western Adelaide - 9 March 2017 (PDF 173KB)
- Northern Adelaide - 29 March 2017 (PDF 339KB)
- Mount Gambier - 30 March 2017 (PDF 322KB)
- Adelaide - 1 April 2017 (PDF 330KB)
On Friday April 7 we held a Facebook Live Q&A session.
The Child Protection Reform Implementation Team undertook online consultation through the yourSAy website.
While consultation has now closed, you can still see the feedback from the community on the discussion board, and other information about the reform implementation.
Reform Implementation team
Email: CPReform [at] sa.gov.au