Many people who were in out-of-home care in South Australia as children are eligible for post care services. This includes a number of people who now live interstate.
Relationships Australia (SA) provide a range of post care services for young people including:
- accessing records
- accessing community services and programs
- health and medical disability support
- housing and financial management
- counselling and therapy
- life and parenting skills.
You can contact Relationships Australia’s Post Care Support Services on 1800 188 118, or visit the Relationships Australia website for more information.
Dame Roma Mitchell grants
The Dame Roma Mitchell grants provide financial assistance for:
- young people up to 29 years old who are or have been under the Guardianship of the Minister under the Children’s Protection Act 1993 for at least one year
- children or young people from remote Aboriginal communities who have been placed in the long-term care of relatives under family care agreements and financially supported by the department.
The grants help contribute to young people:
- achieving personal goals
- maintaining their health and wellbeing
- taking personal development opportunities.
There are also a variety of ways to support the Dame Roma Mitchell grants program.