We're inviting children and young people in care to write or draw something special about being part of their family.
See examples below for ideas and inspiration:
- I like going on holidays with my family
- I enjoy going for walks on the beach
- I like fishing
- I love family dinners or going to the movies
Two participants will be randomly selected to WIN a $50 gift card.
There are two age categories - 1-8 years and 9-18 years. There will be one prize for each age category.
How to submit
We're encouraging children and young people to be as creative as they like. They can express themselves through drawing a picture or writing a story, poem or creating a digital message.
Please include your full name and age.
Email a digital photo of your drawing or submit your story by email to dcpcommunications [at] sa.gov.au. Please include 'Foster and Kinship Carers' Week competition' in the subject line.
Deadline: submissions close on Wednesday 13 September 2017 at 5pm.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to children and young people in care.
- One winner from each age category will be selected. Each entry will be allocated a number. All numbers will be placed in a hat. A DCP staff member will draw the winning entries from the hat.
- There will be one prize for each age category.
- The $50 gift card will be negotiated between the winners and their carers.
- Winners will be announced on Thursday 14 September and contacted through their carers.
- Submitting an entry implies your consent for the department to use for promotional purposes, including marketing materials, media and social media.
DCP Communications and Engagement
Phone: 8207 2119
Email: dcpcommunications [at] sa.gov.au