Rapid Response is South Australia’s whole of government commitment to ensure children and young people under guardianship of the minister have access to the government services they need.
Rapid Response framework
The Rapid Response framework: whole of government services for children and young people under care and protection orders (PDF, 338.9 KB) outlines the ways children under guardianship can access government supports and services.
The framework is part of the state government’s commitment to reforming South Australia’s child protection system.
Services for children
Under Rapid Response children and young people under guardianship of the minister are entitled to quality case management from the Department for Child Protection to ensure their needs are met.
They are also entitled to:
- a number of educational supports, including an individual education plan
- access to a range of Skills for All vocational education and training courses
- access to sport and recreation programs including enrolment free access to VACSWIM
- priority access to health services (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- support to gain a drivers licence
- ongoing support up to the age of 26 upon request.