Visit SA Health's COVID-19 web page for the latest updates and health advice.

If you or a child in your care is sick

The Department for Child Protection is following the medical advice issued by SA Health and the federal Department of Health.

As a carer, you can consent to routine medical treatment for children in your care, such as visiting your GP (make sure you call in advance). See Who can say ok? for more information.

If you need to seek testing for the child in your care, take your foster and kinship carer ID card, along with your photo ID and the child or young person’s signed verification of a child in care card. As coronavirus testing is not routine medical treatment, you must also immediately notify the child’s case worker.

You should also notify your child’s case worker if any member of your household is diagnosed with the coronavirus.

The Women’s and Children’s Hospital have developed a virtual service (COVIDKids) to support children and young people diagnosed with COVID-19. Access to this service is via the WCH website.

Page last updated: 6 December 2021